Friday, July 27, 2012

New Job and Messes

So because of the funeral on Monday, I wasn't able to start my job until Tuesday. I didn't get all my paperwork until last week on Thursday since my SS card is in my safety deposit box in my hometown, and they told me it would take five work days for everything to be processed. Also, they can only start a new hire at the beginning of a pay period, which would have been now or in two weeks. Which would have been nice if they told me that sooner so then I could have gone on vacation with my family. Oh well.

Because my paperwork hadn't been completely processed until yesterday, and my supervisor didn't come in yesterday, I've had basically nothing to do. And to top it off, during the summer, campus closes on Fridays so a normal work day is ten hours. I am left with a little under ten hours to make up now... with nothing to do really.

I came in today hoping to rearrange my office. Yes, I have my own office! Unfortunately, with no window. :[
Being tiny has its advantages, but definitely not when it comes to moving furniture. I wanted to move some things around but can't because I just don't have the power to move my massive desk. I already spent what felt like an hour moving a desk down the hallway to my office and then moving another desk out. I smashed my toes several times and almost smashed my fingers. I don't have enough strength and can't get enough momentum to turn the desk right side up in one turn. I'm having to flip it over onto each side to get it back to an upright position.

I also wanted to move some of my shelves down to give some extra room for me to pull folders out. I don't have a screwdriver big enough to unscrew one shelf and the other shelf that's missing screws won't budge anyway. My office hates me. :[

So... basically this week is me cleaning around my office and playing on the interwebz. Too bad this can't be my normal day. lol

Things are going to get hectic real soon here. Uh oh.Wish me luck!


~Justine

No comments: