Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Motivation

Having a hard time feeling motivated to do much of anything lately. Lack of motivation especially to update my blog.

I've started a walking routine of sorts with a friend, that I admit I almost decided I didn't want to last night. It was amusing because my friend and I both had the same thought that if we didn't go we would be more tempted to stop altogether. We ended up walking the longest so far! 4.23 miles in an hour and twenty minutes. I am beginning to have issues with my knees after walking though. Maybe I just need better shoes. I am hoping though that eventually we can both build up enough stamina and strength to start jogging/running.

Also, I just graduated in May and I'm having trouble finding a job. I did land an interview for a secretary position at the school. I'm crossing my fingers that I get the job. I think my interview went pretty well. Some of my interviewers knew my grandpa, everyone seemed impressed that I had worked in Housing, and I had some pretty good references, so I'm hoping these all might bump my chances up and put me higher up on the ladder for hiring. I really want this job, even  if it is completely unrelated to my degree, lol.

I've found out a lot more joy in cooking and baking recently which makes me feel better about my future mommy/wife abilities, lol. It doesn't help though having a boyfriend who's a cook for a steakhouse who seems to be constantly judging my cooking abilities. One day, maybe, I'll surpass his abilities. lol.

Looks like I'm more motivated in areas I never was before, but totally not motivated in areas I once was. Maybe things will improve soon.

No comments: